I love sharing success stories from Smart Passive Income Podcast listeners. I'm constantly amazed at the creativity and drive of this community, and this week's guest is no exception. Here today is Open Home Automation‘s Marco Schwartz, an online entrepreneur who teaches others how to program their own home automation systems using simple tutorials and tools.
Before he started his business, Marco loved using his programming expertise to connect different home automation systems for even greater ease of use—building an “Internet of Things,” as it's often called. He began building tutorials for his favorite projects and posting them online for other passionate programmers to learn. Within a year, OpenHomeAutomation.net went from 20 visitors a day to 2,000.
Marco found success by consistently providing value to his audience, optimizing his website and business processes, and carving out space in a niche he loved. His story is the perfect lesson for online entrepreneurs everywhere—just listen in!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Marco for joining me this week. Until next time!
Today's guest is another SPI listener success story, here to share how he built a unique online business around his home automation tutorials.
Open Home Automation
- The story of how Marco's website was paying his bills after one year in business.
- How Open Home Automation went from 20 to 2,000 visitors a day.
- Strategies and tools Marco uses to monetize his website.
- How Marco prices his products, and how he applies the “bonus sandwich.”
- Website optimization lessons Marco learned while refining OpenHomeAutomation.net.
- The mistake both Marco and I made when starting our online businesses.
- One simple way you can experiment with monetizing your passion.
- The home automation tutorial Marco's audience loves the most, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.