My guest today is someone who knows what she's talking about when it comes to finding great ideas.
Dorie Clark is a phenomenal writer, speaker, and business professor—but she didn't get there overnight. Starting out as a marketing consultant, she spent years writing book proposals and facing rejection. It wasn't until her blog post “How to Reinvent Your Personal Brand” appeared in the Harvard Business Review that she knew she'd found something special—her breakthrough idea.
Dorie's upcoming book, Stand Out [Amazon affiliate link], takes you through the process for uncovering your own breakthrough. She's here today to share strategies you can use to find a big idea that's unique to you, build a following around it, and create a closely-connected community of fans and supporters.
I can't wait for you to hear the wisdom Dorie has brought with her today. Let's do it!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank-you to Dorie Clark for joining me this week. See you next time!
My guest today is Dorie Clark, someone who knows what she's talking about when it comes to finding great ideas.
- The five major strategies for finding your breakthrough idea.
- The mindset that will help you uncover your ideal business niche.
- A fresh approach to blogging that will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Three steps for building a devoted following around your idea.
- How to turn your following into a loyal, tight-knit community.
- Why finding a mentor isn't what it used to be, and how to connect with mentors today.
- A free Stand Out workbook, and more!
- Stand Out [Amazon affiliate link]
- Reinventing You
- The Lean Startup [Amazon affiliate link]
- Entrepreneur on Fire
- The End of Competitive Advantage
- Getting Things Done [Amazon affiliate link]
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode #155: Inside One of My Weekly Mastermind Meetings
- Lean In
Thanks to Edgar for sponsoring! Get one month free with the coupon code PATFANS
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.