Steve has found an incredible niche by combining two of his passions: getting fit and playing video games. But diving into the highly competitive fitness market is no easy feat, especially for an average guy who wasn't claiming to be a fitness expert. By carving out a space in the fitness market for folks just like him, Steve's Nerd Fitness has become more than a business—it's an amazing, die-hard community of devoted fans.
I've known Steve for years now, and it has been incredible to watch his business grow. Like me, his business had its roots in blogging and creating e-books to serve a small community. It's now grown to include a massive fan base, an online academy, and even a book.
If building a business that changes the lives of its audience gets you excited, you've got to hear Steve's story.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you'd like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions (or would like answers to hear previously submitted voicemail questions!), head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has over two million downloads and counting!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks, Steve, for joining me this week. Until next time!
Is your career ready to level up? You're in luck! Here with me today is the one and only Steve Kamb, founder of NerdFitness.com and author of Level Up Your Life.
- The steps Steve took in between quitting his job and turning Nerd Fitness into a full-time business.
- The power of building your personality into your business.
- The importance of minimizing the urge to please everyone.
- Steve's advice for strengthening your own willpower to achieve your goals.
- The story behind Steve's devoted, close-knit following.
- How the Nerd Fitness community has grown offline.
- How and when Steve expanded his team.
- A preview of one of Steve's favorite stories from his new book, and more!
Click the button to the right to download the whole episode in PDF form from start to finish.