Online business is a climb, but are you climbing the right ladder? Boss-Mom.com Founder Dana Malstaff is on the show today with some amazing insights. She launched her third book last year, Climb Your Own Ladder [Amazon affiliate link], and today we're diving deep on strategies for embracing and accomplishing that climb, even if you're a parent and it seems impossible to find time. Plus, she's sharing approaches to building an online following when you're brand-new, getting over limiting beliefs that hold you back, and navigating the twists and turns in your business journey.
All right Team Flynn. It's 2019. It's the end of January (already!). It's a good time for a check-in.
Maybe you haven't started on your goals or resolutions. Maybe you feel like you can't get started. Maybe you dove into 2019 with a head full of ambitions but now you're pulling back a little and wondering if you're on the right path? I promise you, Dana's got something for you today.
She was last on the show in Session 210, and she has grown exponentially since then. Her Facebook community has over 35,000 members with an engagement rate of 75 percent, and her meetup events have expanded internationally. Yeah, she's pretty busy.
No matter where you are in your business journey, Dana has something to encourage you, including strategies for what she calls becoming micro-famous: leveraging other communities (in the right ways) to build an online following for your business, especially when you're brand-new. We'll also dig deep on the entrepreneurial journey: When to climb, and even when to let go! We'll dive into some strategies for optimizing your time too—whether you're a parent or not. Dana believes that 30 to 40 percent of time is wasted time, and she'll explain some simple ways to find time in your day. Plus, we'll talk about conscious integration: including your kids in your business life, rather than having to feel that one takes away from the other.
This is a great opportunity to stop and evaluate your work so far in 2019, get inspired to make those first moves, and get some momentum going forward. Let's do it!
The Founder of Boss Mom lays out approaches for building an online following, climbing the business ladder, and optimizing your time—even if you don't have much time available in the first place.
- How Dana is crushing it with her business through a Facebook community, meetups, keynotes, and more.
- How Dana's corporate experience helped her shape a community of 35,000+ with 75 percent engagement.
- Why becoming micro-famous in other communities can help you leverage a fanbase for your own community.
- Why the online business space is much less saturated than it might appear at first.
- Why you should allow your climb up the ladder to happen naturally, rather than trying to jump up it.
- How to notice when you need to move up your ladder (so you don't get stuck).
- What the movie Labyrinth (1986) can teach you about your entrepreneurial journey.
- How to stop fighting against the way your life is, find focus, and create time for your online business.
- Why Dana believes that 30–40 percent of our time is actually wasted time.
- Why project plans are integral to building confidence, habits, and reaching the goals you set out for yourself.
- Why success really boils down to doing the work and getting excited about it.
- How to use conscious integration to be a great parent and an entrepreneur simultaneously, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Climb Your Own Ladder by Dana Malstaff [Amazon affiliate link]
- Session 210 of the SPI podcast: How to Automate Your Business to Save Time and Make More Money with Dana Malstaff
- Boss Mom by Dana Malstaff [Amazon affiliate link]
- Boss Mom Public Facebook Group
- Atomic Habits by James Clear [Amazon affiliate link]
- Session 340 of the SPI Podcast: How to Build Atomic Habits—with James Clear
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod [Amazon affiliate link]
- Dana Malstaff on YouTube