In this episode you’re going to learn about the difference between coaching and teaching, what I’ve learned since investing in the art of coaching, the seven questions you need to ask when coaching, and why this is important for you and your business. Whether you’re just getting started with coaching or are looking to take it to the next level, this episode is critical listening!
Why is the difference between coaching and teaching so critical? Coaching is an exceptional way to help people develop skills and abilities and boost performance. There’s crossover of course, but the big difference is that when you’re teaching, the focus is on you and your knowledge. Coaching is about the individual; it’s two-way, collaborative communication. And it’s very, very personal (that’s why coaches can charge more).
When it comes to your business’ content, you have a lot of options. You can offer content in a somewhat passive way through courses or free material, but coaching is very active. And some people really need that coaching. I’ve found it wonderfully rewarding to coach people one on one, which is part of why I reformatted my podcast, AskPat, to be a one-on-one coaching call. It’s been a real game-changer for me, and I know it can be for you too, so listen carefully as we dive into the world of coaching!
In this episode, I’m also talking about the brand-new SPI Accelerator Program and what that is. In brief, it’s a higher-level, premium coaching program for those who are a little further along with their online business journey and earning over $100k. Tune in for more details!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- The critical difference between coaching and teaching.
- Why coaching has been an amazing, transformative experience for me.
- The book that set me in the right frame of mind for coaching well.
- The seven questions you should always ask when coaching.
- How to help the person you’re coaching come up with the answers to their problems.
- How to find out what the person you’re coaching is looking for.
- What you should always ask at the end of a coaching session, and more!
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.