In this session of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, we get into the story of Leslie Samuel, a good friend of mine who I consider to be one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
Leslie is a part-time blogger, full-time teacher who has a number of interesting blogging success stories under his belt. His motivation to help people and his passion for blogging is what helped him succeed and actually land his dream job, which is incredibly motivating! Blogging isn’t always used to break away from the 9 to 5 – it can be used to further advance the career that you already have.
He also shares very specific methods and strategies for getting stuff done for his blogs while working a demanding full-time position, which I know a lot of the readers and listeners can relate to. His productivity strategies are not complicated and they’re not ground-breaking either, it’s just smart and he sticks with it, and it’s obviously working big-time for Leslie.
As many of you may already know, Leslie also runs a successful blog and podcast about blogging at BecomeABlogger.com, which is a site that was actually created by Yaro Starak and Gideon Shalwick who have “passed the baton” to Leslie for reasons he reveals in the show.
What’s cool is that Leslie’s most successful and most inspirational blog came from a blog he built after he started blogging about blogging, putting his own advice to the test and proving his strategies to his audience and himself, which is not what a lot of people who talk about blogging or making money online do.
In this session, Leslie and I chat about:
- How Leslie earned his first dollar online and how that influenced his decision to start blogging.
- How he jump-started traffic to his blog on day one.
- Leslie’s experience purchasing a forum (including the price) and what that did for his blog.
- His strategy for getting thousands of subscribers and over 2,000,000 YouTube views in an incredibly broad and competitive niche.
- Exactly how Leslie monetizes his blogs, including one unknown strategy for bloggers in the education niche.
- The role Leslie’s blog played in impressing a potential employer, and what you can learn from it.
- 3 tips and strategies for blogging part-time when you have a demanding, full-time position elsewhere.
- The true power of blogging and what it really should be used for.
- Plus a lot more…
Right click here to download the MP3
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- How blood flows through the heart (video)
- Wyzant.com – tutor integration on educational websites
- Become a Blogger
- My Interview on the Become a Blogger Podcast
- Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak
- Gideon Shalwick
- Internet Business Mastery
DISCOUNT for Smart Passive Income Fans!
As Leslie mentions near the end of the podcast, he offers a generous 20% discount to all Smart Passive Income fans for the premium level course at BecomeaBlogger.com. To get that 20% discount, just use the coupon code SPI at the checkout page.
To fully disclose, I’m actually NOT an affiliate for this product because I have a strict policy (and I just don’t feel comfortable) making money by promoting stuff that I actually have not used myself or know well enough to provide immediate support for. But, I just want to mention that I do support this blogging product. I personally know Leslie, Yaro and Gideon and know that all of their material is always of the highest quality, and if you are looking for a blogging course to fast-track the learning process, this is definitely one to look into – and don’t forget about the discount if it’s something you’re going to check out.
I hope you enjoyed this session, and look out for the next one (session #49) where I interview someone who has put many of my own strategies to the test in a niche that will definitely surprise you.
Until then, thank you for listening! Cheers!
Please subscribe below to the podcast to get automatic updates for your device:
Click Here to Download the Transcript for Session 48 (PDF)