Starting The Smart Passive Income Podcast was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
With nearly a million downloads (including over 100,000 in December of 2011), I definitely don’t plan on stopping.
In the year and a half since going live, the podcast has already done so much for me and the SPI brand:
- Based on a survey, the podcast is the #1 way people have found out about SPI.
- It rounds out my Be Everywhere business strategy and allows me to connect with people no matter how they prefer to consume content—text through my blog, audio through my podcast, and video through my YouTube Channel. (aka. The Content Trifecta)
- Hosting the podcast has tremendously improved my comfort behind a microphone and overall presentation skills.
- The podcast was nominated in two categories for the annual Podcast Awards, and although I didn’t win I still get a ton of recognition from being nominated.
- It connected me with a client (a Hollywood Producer) who I am now working with for an upcoming movie this Spring. More on this coming soon!
- It has provided me several more opportunities that I’ve had to turn down for different reasons: JV partnerships, job opportunities, speaking gigs, etc.
I’ve always encouraged others to start their own podcasts, which is why I’m extremely excited to see three people who I highly respect recently publish their very first episodes too:
Adam Baker from Man vs. Debt, Derek Halpern from Social Triggers, and Glen Allsop from Viperchill—all bloggers who I’ve mentioned several times here on SPI before who each produce amazing content on their blogs, and now we have the pleasure of listening to them on their own podcasts too.
Even after just listening to each of their first episodes, I’m really excited for what’s to come.
What a wonderful gift to start off the new year!
Below are links to each of their first podcast episodes, in the order that they were published:
Man Vs. Debt Podcast – Episode #1 – Your Big Why and Defining Your Freedom : Adam’s blog and podcast are primarily for those looking to get out of debt, but he often touches on a lot of important lessons that can be applied to all of our lives outside of the debt we incur. At the same time, he’s growing like crazy in the online business and marketing space too, so I won’t be surprised if we’ll see some aspects of that in his podcast eventually as well.
Social Triggers Insider: How to Get Major Press with No Connections : Derek’s Social Triggers Insider is not on iTunes yet, but that’s okay. It will be soon and he tells me that he already has 8 more episodes recorded. The first one, which features special guest Jonah Berger, professor at the Wharton School of Business, is incredibly informative. Visit the post because it’s not just a podcast – it’s sort of in a master class format.
Viperchill Episode 1 – How I Would Make Money Online if I Was Starting from Scratch : A perfect title for a first podcast episode from Glen, because we all want to know how Glen does what he does, right? This is a quick listen (20 minutes), but it provides a ton of insight on what he does and what he would do right now. One thing is for sure, this intro will make you wish it was longer.
Congrats to Adam, Derek and Glen for taking the next step with their brands this year – it’s incredibly motivating and I’m excited to see what’s next for them.
P.S. If you’re interested in starting your own podcast too, check out Learn How to Podcast—a completely free resource (no emails required either) created by Cliff Ravenscraft of PodcastAnswerMan.com.