In this episode of The Smart Passive Income Podcast, I chat with a guest and good friend who used to be in a mastermind group with me. I purposely timed this particular episode to coincide with my trip to Nashville, where I’m speaking at Michael Hyatt’s Platform Conference. Nashville is known as, “Music City,” and today’s guest is from Nashville, is a musician and does marketing in the music industry.
David Hooper has written several books on various topics, with his most recent project being a book for musicians called, Six Figure Musician. Although we talk about his book, we talked more about the parallels between the music industry and starting and running an online business. What is so interesting are the similarities between the two and what we can learn about online business, Internet marketing, and entrepreneurship through the music industry.
More specifically, in this session you’ll find out about:
- The 90% that goes into success that people don’t see.
- What separates successful people from unsuccessful people.
- How to take advantage of lean periods in your business.
- Lessons from Henry Ford.
- How innovation can come from outside of your industry.
- Why it’s the best time to be a musician, or any creative person.
- How to stand out as a musician or creative person in a competitive world.
- How getting offline helps you online.
- Which of the five senses is the most memorable and how it relates to Internet marketing.
- How we make our blogs and websites “smell good.”
- The good and bad of covers on iTunes and YouTube.
- The question you have to ask yourself over and over again in order to truly be successful.
- Why you need to use multimedia in your business.
- What R. Kelly, Van Halen and Kiss can teach us about reaching our goals.
- What we can learn from the Toyota and Honda Corporations.
- How “It all begins with a song.”
- Why Taylor Swift is killing it, and how we can kill it too.
- Plus a whole lot more…
Right click here to download the MP3
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
Thank you all for checking out this session of the SPI podcast, and finally, if you haven’t done so already I would love if you took a minute to leave a quick rating and review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It would be extremely helpful for the show!
Thanks again, and all the best!
Click Here to Download the Transcript for Session 57 (PDF)