I snuck into an empty room while at New Media Expo to film 33 public speaking tips to help you stop your audience from falling asleep the next time you’re on stage presenting in front of a group of people:
I’ve learned a lot of these tips by reading and watching as much as I could about the craft of public speaking, watching countless hours of TED talks and similar high-quality presentations and of course, being on stage dozens of times myself.
Each time I go onto the stage for a new event, I always try to focus on one new thing that I’m going to practice and incorporate into my presentation. Obviously, you always want to do your best, but when you bring one new thing to improve each time it’ll help your speaking game tremendously and it’ll stop you from being overwhelmed with the process and trying out too many new things at once.
Take as many of these tips as you’d like into your next presentation, and you’ll find that you’ll have a more engaged, awake and appreciative audience, and you’ll have a better time on stage yourself too!
Thanks for watching SPI TV – make sure you subscribe to get more content like this on your device every week!
Cheers, thanks so much for watching SPI TV, and be sure to subscribe (via YouTube or iTunes) to get new episodes of SPI TV each week delivered right to you!
Other public speaking resources on Smart Passive Income:
- Why You Belong on Stage – Pat’s Braindump of Public Speaking Tips (SPI Podcast Session #87)
- S.P.L.A.T. – The Neuroscience Behind a Great Presentation, a Solid Pitch, and Total Attention
- My First Public Speaking Experience at The Financial Blogger Conference 2011
- Why I Almost Left the Room While Speaking at Blog World Expo
- SPI TV Episode 13 – My Opening Keynote at NMX 2015 – How to Become Futureproof
- SPI TV Episode 15 – My Presentation at NMX 2014 – How to Convert Your Casual Readers into Raving Fans
- Other Event Presentations that I’ve Done (YouTube Playlist)
Ebooks the Smart WayDownload Now!
If you liked this episode...
Then You'll Love These Too!
Let's figure out what works for you + Free Stuff!
Reasons to Subscribe to the SPI Email List:No thanks, I'll pass for now :)
1. Free Stuff
You'll get instant access to free resources, including my most popular book, Ebooks the Smart Way! (Downloaded over 125,000 times!)
2. Content Tailored to You
Over time, I'll get to learn more about you and deliver content that actually matters.
3. No Hype
Just real content that's meant to make a difference.