Last Modified November 7, 2018
Hi. Pat here. Thanks for your interest in FlynnCon1. If you are considering joining me here in San Diego, I want to make sure you know how the privacy of your personal information will be addressed. As always, let me know if you have any question.
A. What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
Personal data is information that can be used to identify you such as your name and email address. For FlynnCon1, we will collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- Waiting List: Your name and email address if you join the waiting list.
- Transaction: You name, email address, billing information and payment source if you purchase a ticket.
- Submitting Questions: Your name, email address, and question.
- General Traffic Data: Where you came from and how you move about the site.
B. What Is The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data?
We collect the information above for the following purposes.
- Waiting List: To let you know when tickets for FlynnCon1 will be available.
- Transaction: To process a purchase of tickets you make with us.
- Submitting Questions: To answer questions you might have for us.
- General Traffic Data: To learn more about where you are coming from so we know how our marketing efforts are working.
C. What Legal Basis Do We Have For Collecting and Processing Your Information?
For our friends located in the EU, we are required to identify the legal basis for collecting information from you. Our legal basis for each of the ways we collect information from you is as follows.
- Waiting List: We have a legitimate interest in providing notice to you when you affirmatively ask to be contacted when tickets are available for FlynnCon1. We will not use the data for other purposes.
- Transaction: We will collect your information as part of a legal transaction.
- Submitting Questions: We have an allowed legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
- General Traffic Data: We will ask for your consent via a pop-up.
“Legitimate interests” for processing your personal information exist where you submit the information with an expectation that it will be processed and there is no undue impact on you. If you disagree or have questions, please contact Jessica Lindgren at supp[email protected] and we will cease the processing of your data under this legal basis.
D. Who Has Access To The Data We Collect?
We process and access to the data we collect from you. However, we use third parties to assist us with processing your personal data including the following categories of recipients:
- Financial transaction processors (processing your payments) – Teachable.com
- Customer service communication platform
- Email communication manager
These third parties have signed contracts with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate.
E. Kids, Kids, Kids
Children 13 or over are welcome at FlynnCon1. If you are located in Europe and reading this Policy, you should know Member States have the right to require businesses to first obtain parental verification before collecting personal data or information from children under 16. We will not be collecting any information from anyone other than adults who order tickets for the conference. For people attending the show, we will require name tags to be filled out. The “GDPR” in the EU, however, does not apply to the collection of personal information from individuals located in San Diego.
F. Cookies and Similar Technologies
F. How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the reason it was gathered in the first place.
- Waiting List: Until the event occurs.
- Transaction: Four years for tax audit purposes.
- Submitting Questions: Five years
- General Traffic Data: Three years as part of our overall traffic data for analysis purposes.
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter resolves.
G. Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Export Of Your Data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing:Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact Jessica Lindgren at [email protected] with your request.
H. Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Although this is mentioned above, we want to emphasize that wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive email messages from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact Jessica Lindgren at [email protected] with your request.
I. Do We Transfer Your Data To Third Countries?
No. We are located in the United States. Your data is collected and held here.
J. Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints
You can contact Jessica Lindgren at [email protected] with your request with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved and you are located in the EU, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority such as the Data Protection Commissioner of Ireland.
Representative: Pat Flynn
11315 Rancho Bernardo Road, Ste 126
San Diego, CA 92127
You can also send correspondence by traditional mail to Flynndustries, LLC, 11315 Rancho Bernardo Road, Ste 126, San Diego, CA 92127
K. Do Not Track Signals
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
L. California Eraser Law
If you are an individual under 18 and have provided personal information or content to us in some manner, you have the right to request the deletion of that information pursuant to the “California Eraser Law.” Contact us to make such a request at [email protected].
N. Legal Disclosures of Personal Information
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
O. Public Comments
Hundreds of people will attend FlynnCon1 and the vast majority will be recording parts of the conference with their digital devices and posting to social media. Please make sure you keep in mind the public nature of the conference before making any statements that you might later regret.
P. Third Party Websites
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
Q. Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.