Today is a very special day. It’s Let Go Day!
Thank you so much for celebrating with me!
Let Go Day marks the 5-year anniversary of the day that I learned I was going to be let go from my architectural job, a job that I worked incredibly hard for, was accelerating in and loved.
On June 17th, 2008 my entire life changed.
At the time, it felt like the worst thing that could ever happen to me.
Everything I had worked so hard for – gone.
The future – completely unknown.
Looking back, however, getting let go was truly a blessing in disguise and one of the best things that ever happened to me.
Here’s a passage from my recent bestselling book, Let Go, that sums up why this is something worth celebrating:
“The best and worst things that happen in life are usually things that happen unplanned. There are miracles and there are misfortunes. Big breaks and big let downs. We remember those single moments in life like scenes from a movie we didn’t expect. But how we react and live life after those moments is what shapes who we become.”
I am a better person and living a better life because of what happened that day, but more so because of the events that happened afterward.
So why the public celebration?
Because it’s an incredibly important message that needs to be shared, and I can’t think of any better way to send a message and make a difference than to celebrate something that is typically associated with fear, depression and anxiety.
I felt all of those things, but letting go of what I was conditioned to learn growing up helped me discover opportunities I never knew were available to me before.
So how are we going to celebrate? 5 things…
1. Watch This Video:
(or click here to watch the Let Go Celebration video on YouTube)
2. Download a FREE COPY of the Audio Version of Let Go (Today Only!) For today only, the audio version of my book, Let Go, is available for download. Whether you’ve read Let Go already or not, I’d love for you to have the audiobook, complete with audio from all of the bonus videos and the podcast that my team and I put together talking about the production of the book, for free!
The free audiobook is no longer available for download here on the blog. BUT, I am happy to send you a free copy if you purchase Let Go and send me an email with the subject line LET GO AUDIO to pat at smartpassiveincome dot com. No need to send a receipt or screenshot. I trust you. Just please leave an honest review on Amazon for me!
3. A Live Streaming Celebration Broadcast in Pat’s Office (Today at 12:00pm PST) – with Giveaways!
Today (Monday) at noon pacific time, I’ll be hosting a live streaming celebration party right here in my home office!
We’ll be doing Q&A throughout, I have some special guests coming onto the broadcast and we’ll have some fun giveaways for you! There’s no sign up or email required, all you have to do is visit LetGoDay.com, and you’ll be good to go!
I hope to see you there!
4. I Want to Hear (and Share) YOUR ‘Let Go’ Stories
In the comment section below, I’d love for you to share a story about a time in your life when you went through a tough, unexpected change and how you made the decision to let go of the past and realized that there was a lot more opportunity for you ahead.
It doesn’t have to be about online business or a job – it can be about anything.
On the live stream, I’m going to select a couple stand out stories and share them on the broadcast with everyone.
5. Help Me Spread the ‘Let Go’ Message!
If you believe in the message behind Let Go, I’d love for you to help me spread the word! Here’s what you can do:
- Download Let Go on Amazon.com (you can read it on any device) – If you were thinking of eventually picking it up, today is the day! We’re shooting for maximum exposure on Amazon, which means more downloads and reviews in a shorter time period.
- Leave an honest Review on Amazon.com of Let Go – Whether you purchase the book on Amazon.com, SnippetApp or read the audiobook instead, you are allowed to leave a review on Amazon.com for the book. I would love an honest review from you. I’ve coordinated a massive effort between a few hundred volunteer ambassadors (primarily from my special facebook group) who are all leaving reviews on Let Go Day, and I’d be so happy if you left one today too. Again, the more who do it in a shorter period of time, the more impact it will have on rankings and exposure, and the more people will read the story and hear the message.
- Don’t forget! Join me on the Let Go Day live streaming party at Noon pacific time! Just go to LetGoDay.com and feel free to bring anyone you want – admission is free! Use the hashtag #LetGoDay on Twitter (and now Facebook too!) so I can keep track of who is sharing – I may reach out to one of you for something special. I made it easy for you: all you have to do is click here!
- Read and/or listen to (and share) any of the following posts from amazing people who took the time to interview me or write a book review for Let Go Day! I will continue to add to this growing list as these posts go live throughout the day!
School of Greatness – Pat Flynn – How to Let Go, Create Passive Income and Achieve Your Greatness with Lewis Howes of LewisHowes.com
Pat Flynn – Chewbacca and Let Go 2.0 with Jared Easley from StarvetheDoubts.com
Pat Flynn on Tribe Building | Letting Go | Feeling Safe with Todd Heslin from BeingRemarkable.me
Pat Flynn from The Smart Passive Income Podcast Shares his Wisdom with William Shaker of WilliamShaker.com
Pat Flynn How Pat Went From Unemployed Architect Intern to Earning $60k a Month in Online Sales
You Can’t Live an Epic Life if you Never Let Go of Your Past with Benny Hsu from Get Busy Living
Pat Flynn | Let Go – od bezrobotnego do blogera zyjacego ze swojej pasji from Michal from jakoszczedzacpieniadze.pl
Let Go: From Unemployed to $50k/mo by Angela at TheBizFarmer.com
Pat Flynn (Smart Passive Income) by Andy at A Congruent Life
How to Build Relationships Online with Pat Flynn by David J. Soler at DavidJSoler.com
Guest Post: Elancer Kicks-Off Inagural “Let Go” Day on the Elance Blog (Note: Elance is now Upwork.com)
Pat Flynn: Overcoming Doubt and Fear with Koren Motekaitis on her radio show, How She Really Does It
Pat Flynn, Our Interview and His Book – Let Go by Ani on Life Probabilities
Pat Celebrates Perseverance and Courage for Let Go Day – by Nicky on Nickykay.com
Interviewing Pat Flynn: Let Go, Internet Business and Branding by Jan Koch on JKoch.me
Interview with Pat Flynn: How to Let Go, Create Passive Income and Get Started Online by Navid at NavidMoazzez.com
From Let Go to $50K a month! How Pat Flynn Found his passion! by Christain from Aptitude for Success
How Pat Flynn Became a Bestselling Author (It’s Not How You Think) by John at Huffington Post
Pat Flynn of SmartPassiveIncome.com talks with Oliver Kenyon by Oliver at OliverKenyon.com
A Most Motivational Day with Pat Flynn and Friends by Larissa at Vegetarian Zen
What’s Pat Flynn’s Secret to Running a 6-Figure Business AND Having a Successful Marriage? by Megan from The Bells & Bounty Show
What Pat Flynn Can Teach You About Entrepreneurship by Alexandre on AlexBortolotti.com
Thank you all for your amazing and wonderful support! Happy Let Go Day, and I can’t wait to read your Let Go stories below.
Don’t forget to find me at http://www.LetGoDay.com at 12:00pm to 2:00pm today, and yes there will be replay of the broadcast in case you miss it, but you’ll have a chance to interact with me if you’re there live.
Come say hi!
Cheers, and all the best!